Had to share this pic, Acro crab in it's acropora colony

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really happy with this pic! What do you guys think?

DSC_5977.jpg

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are a few more from today

chips acro
DSC_5994.jpg

4 mini colonies from boom corals "brownies" sale
katescosmos.jpg

DSC_5984.jpg

DSC_5972.jpg

the last 2 are on the sand in a 24" deep tank, it was really hard to get a super sharp pic

got some other good pics but the files are too large and I don't feel like re-sizing right now.

thanks for the comments everyone! Happy reefing!

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far from the crab were you when the picture was taken? Awesome shot by the way. I'm waiting for my LFS to find some more acro crabs when they get their maricultures in so I can have some.

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far from the crab were you when the picture was taken? Awesome shot by the way. I'm waiting for my LFS to find some more acro crabs when they get their maricultures in so I can have some.

Colony is probably 8-10inches under the lens. I cropped the photo a bit too.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u so much. I've been wanting 2 actually get 1. And I have pom poms now so I love interesting life. And I've been thing I'd like 2 get 1 of these when I had red bugs and wondered if they would feed on them or do they aggravate the coral or is it symbiotic? A perfect time 2 ask this question and I'm moving 2 a 75g so I'll have a lot more room from my 30 and a colony vs the plug it's on still. So when the tanks 100% should I get 1? And that truly is a gorgeous crab. Like silk. And the coral. What type?

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u so much. I've been wanting 2 actually get 1. And I have pom poms now so I love interesting life. And I've been thing I'd like 2 get 1 of these when I had red bugs and wondered if they would feed on them or do they aggravate the coral or is it symbiotic? A perfect time 2 ask this question and I'm moving 2 a 75g so I'll have a lot more room from my 30 and a colony vs the plug it's on still. So when the tanks 100% should I get 1? And that truly is a gorgeous crab. Like silk. And the coral. What type?
It's a bandit crab. From my research it is benificial but can irritate the colony if it isn't accustomed to it. I do believe they pick off any pests on the colony.

While i was taking the pictures over the top of the tank, when I'd adjust focus and my hand cast a shadow on him he would get ticked off and wave his claws around at me. It was comical to watch up close in my camera display

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back