Haddoni budding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MartinM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
1,129
Location
Japan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this yesterday from an LFS that had it for two months. It wasn’t under enough light, and when I got it home and settled in I noticed it appears to be ‘budding’. I’ll try to get some photos under the halides soon (these are just under T5 blues) but I thought it was interesting. Anyone seen this before? (Attached two photos under halides for accurate color representation).
75B69881-D841-419E-951D-F05DF26C6B64.jpeg
74E4BDE9-5399-4354-A37B-8D223EC1B658.jpeg
48664169-B6D5-42D7-AB9A-17B582391E38.jpeg
9AE19308-8F39-4D2B-BDD5-EE5627C2B819.jpeg
53A5593C-2AB0-4285-A9E6-CB4FACA18373.jpeg
53A5593C-2AB0-4285-A9E6-CB4FACA18373.jpeg
7F4233CC-60F3-4ACB-BED4-2225BD09EBC8.jpeg
 
Makes you wonder if where it was collected there was a hole in a rock it was up against and some of it grew threw that hole. Very nice looking Haddoni, thanks for sharing.
 
I have not seen that before. Super cool and and Awesome nem.

@Eagle_Steve @F i s h y check this guy out.
I have seen this before. Typically this is the result of damage that has healed. It happens most often with LTA's. There are a couple of similar threads on r2r. Typically the extra flesh is eventually reabsorbed into the body of the nem. I do not know of any documented cases that the extra bud actually became a separate viable anemone. Either way it is something truly special. And I will be interested in seeing the progress of it in your system.
Thank you for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new