Hair algae in cheato

Bengals888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
163
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 2 gallon with an aquaclear 50 hob modded to hold cheato and led light.
The cheato is growing fine but has hair algae in it. Just leave it alone?

I would rather not disturb the cheato or dunk it in RODI since I have pods growing in the cheato.

I had massive amounts of hair algae in the tank but my tuxedo urchin cleaned house, he is back to eating nori.
 
Hi,

I have a 2 gallon with an aquaclear 50 hob modded to hold cheato and led light.
The cheato is growing fine but has hair algae in it. Just leave it alone?

I would rather not disturb the cheato or dunk it in RODI since I have pods growing in the cheato.

I had massive amounts of hair algae in the tank but my tuxedo urchin cleaned house, he is back to eating nori.

Id pull the chaetomorpha and place it in a bucket, scrape out the GHA. Put the chaetomorpha back.
 
I've done fresh water dips on my cheato to remove hair algea. The hair algea dies back and it doesnt effect the cheato for me. I did it a couple times and the hair algea wasnt strong enough to compete
 
I've got hair algae growing in my chaeto too. I just leave it be. If it's not in my display then I don't worry about it.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new