Hair algae in cheato

Bengals888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
163
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 2 gallon with an aquaclear 50 hob modded to hold cheato and led light.
The cheato is growing fine but has hair algae in it. Just leave it alone?

I would rather not disturb the cheato or dunk it in RODI since I have pods growing in the cheato.

I had massive amounts of hair algae in the tank but my tuxedo urchin cleaned house, he is back to eating nori.
 
Hi,

I have a 2 gallon with an aquaclear 50 hob modded to hold cheato and led light.
The cheato is growing fine but has hair algae in it. Just leave it alone?

I would rather not disturb the cheato or dunk it in RODI since I have pods growing in the cheato.

I had massive amounts of hair algae in the tank but my tuxedo urchin cleaned house, he is back to eating nori.

Id pull the chaetomorpha and place it in a bucket, scrape out the GHA. Put the chaetomorpha back.
 
I've done fresh water dips on my cheato to remove hair algea. The hair algea dies back and it doesnt effect the cheato for me. I did it a couple times and the hair algea wasnt strong enough to compete
 
I've got hair algae growing in my chaeto too. I just leave it be. If it's not in my display then I don't worry about it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new