Hair algae! need hermits!! vodka treatment??

CerebrlAsassn1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of a place to get a crapload of hermits cheap? I need a bunch cuz i just completely re-aquascaped my tank and scrubbed off mountains of hair algae and i dont want it to come back... i used to get them for a dollar each at michaels aquatic den in cleveland, but i heard he sold his store...that was the cheapest ones i found...at least in a store...also i heard about a vodka treatment you could use for hair algae...any thoughts?? Safe? i would hate for my fish to become alcoholics!!!! JK:hammer:
 
5th Day Creation sales hermits for cheap. the vodka treatment ive never used but ive seen tank that use it and it seems to work.
 
donnie must have changed his prices over there cuz last time i went the cheapest he had was maybe 2.50 i think...i dont know maybe that is cheap and im just too cheap to realize it!! its funny i have such an expensive hobby but hate spending the money!!!
 
Micheal's Aquatic Den is under new ownership but not closed. The new owner's name is Jon. I can't quote you prices for hermit crabs as I haven't bought any but you should stop by and meet Jon he is a nice guy. He is closed on Wednesday and Sunday and I think his Monday to Friday hours are 3 to 8 and Saturday is like 12 to 7 ish. You could call and ask him what his hermit crab price are the number is 478-5522. Good Luck!
 
Anyone know of a place to get a crapload of hermits cheap? I need a bunch cuz i just completely re-aquascaped my tank and scrubbed off mountains of hair algae and i dont want it to come back... i used to get them for a dollar each at michaels aquatic den in cleveland, but i heard he sold his store...that was the cheapest ones i found...at least in a store...also i heard about a vodka treatment you could use for hair algae...any thoughts?? Safe? i would hate for my fish to become alcoholics!!!! JK:hammer:

If you cant find some local LMK and I can get them at my LFS and bring them up to the swap. The last time I got some they where a buck each but would need to check again.
 
Joey08....that sounds good let me know..i found some at bermuda today but they are very small.. like the size of your mouse pointer!! i would like them a little bit bigger so if you could get some a bit bigger that would be great...you could email me if u find some [email protected] thanks...
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new