Hairy brown growth, diatoms?

EnDot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
19
Location
Sumner
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help!
I’m getting mixed information about what this brown, hairy stuff is and how to get rid of it. I’ve also been told the bubbles are bubble algae but they’re not emerald or even green and I need to get rid of them. Can you help me figure out how to get my tank back into tip top shape?! I’ve added a couple of pictures and a short video.

image.jpg image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 65177976927__56D730F4-3C1E-4A70-91A9-E34CDE93598A.MOV
    1.2 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new