Hairy montipora normal or algae?

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,251
Reaction score
29,661
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are mesentary (not sure on spelling) filaments. Typically a coral displays these when being aggressive, feeding, or stressed. I would watch it for a few days. It may just be settling in.
 
How close is that hammer to the monti, any damage to the monti?
I know they look really close together in that video, but there is a lot of space between them. They never touched.

The monti is new so I think it was adjusting. It stopped.
 
Are you sure that is a monti? Can't really tell from the video, but I dont think it is. Could it be a leptoseris?
 
Not sure if that is a monti either, maybe a porites coral. Any sign of polyps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new