Hairy mushroom advice

IIDRYWATERII

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
446
Reaction score
91
Location
yorkshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like bleaching? It’s sat around 80 par… Bottom edge and side lighter colour, not noticed it before… May have already been there

EEFA8960-7294-4EDC-B5E9-F8EC45035380.jpeg
 
Those blue discosoma shrooms could be irritating it causing it to retract like that.

How long has it been that way?

I highly doubt it's bleaching, mine will often retract looking exactly like yours when something ticks them off. They normally look 100% a couple hours later
 
Bought it from LFS as is, but I’ve noticed the colour on edge the last 4 days but again may have been like that and not picked it up…..

Discosoma cupping more that usual but think more of a flow issue as 80 should be enough…..

I’d say flow is low- medium with an occasional genital gustz…
 
Those blue discosoma shrooms could be irritating it causing it to retract like that.

How long has it been that way?

I highly doubt it's bleaching, mine will often retract looking exactly like yours when something ticks them off. They normally look 100% a couple hours later
Would you move the hairy mushroom?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new