Halichoeres Wrasse and Sea Cucumber Compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter JakeK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JakeK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
104
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've researched this question to no avail.

I've a richmond's wrasse and have been thinking of adding a small tiger-tail cucumber to the tank. My richmond will gladly munch on bristle worms that make an above-the-sand appearance. I know the tiger-tail and the bristle worm size difference is significant, but is there any worry that the richmond may decide to chow down on the cucumber? I guess anything is possible, but what's the likelihood? Bad idea to add the cucumber?
 
I wouldn't be worried about a richmond and a tiger tail cuke. Any of the smaller Halichoeres species would be fine, any of rhe larger species when full grown may be an issue.
 
I wouldn't worry about it either. Things that move nearly as slow as a rock don't move fast enough to be "interesting" for a Halichoeres. :)

I know those who have had them together, and I've never heard of any issues.
 
Eatbreakfast and Evolved, thank you both. It's weird questions like this that pop into my head in the wee hours of the morning that always seem to trip me up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new