Hammer coral’s flow level

Cost15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
6
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just got a new pump, 357 gph Sicce Syncra for my 15 gallon aio. I’m afraid its too much and should have gone a step down, and the flow is just too much for my hammer corals. The pump is set to low, and it doesn’t seem to make any difference where I direct the return. Do I need to consider removing this pump and purchasing a smaller one, which I would like to avoid!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9161.mov
    14.6 MB
I use 2 x sicce voyager nano's 535 gph in my 15 gallon. One pump of only 357 gph does not sound overpowering.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new