Hammer coral / placement and skeleton

danycee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m new here and I have recently brought home a branched hammer coral and I’m having some trouble with placing in the aquarium and potentially the skeleton so I have placed the hammer skeleton into a crevice that is surrounded by a over hang (underestimated how large their tentacles because at the time was retracted) so it’s placed in a crevice medium height but on a slant allmost at first it was very dropey very withdrawn in the last day it’s just exposed the tentacles are thick and filled and seems to be expanding every time I look at it but I’ve noticed a part of the tentacles are brushing and laying in the rock crevice simpley underestimated how big it would expand to it seems really happy what should I do ?
22F3120A-E6E8-4525-9DBB-AE806C52A1BF.jpeg
0E848029-E855-4E99-9457-EFA7116569A0.jpeg 801AE078-6637-4990-ADAD-3F8274D1914F.jpeg
 
57AE2A0A-D835-4786-80D2-567972CB3878.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FAA36C74-610B-41C1-B8A8-0AC22A2BC9CD.jpeg
    FAA36C74-610B-41C1-B8A8-0AC22A2BC9CD.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 57
So will it be okay in this crevice it looks thick and happy it doesn’t seem to be bothering it but couldn’t help but wonder how much is being smothered in the crevice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new