Hammer coral

Kevin G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tha
Mine just looks like an ice cream cone. Sits in the back left corner in my tank under about 170par with med flow. Seems to be very happy where it’s at and has definitely gotten more puffy than it was at the LFS. I’ve had it for about 3 months now.

80616B1F-F211-467B-AC30-90BAA22314C2.jpeg
Then you dylana407 that is a nice picture of ur hammer yes thay like the flow in the water mine was nice and big when I 1st brought it home then it just shrunk to the size of what it is now but at the store thay were running t5s and I'm running Hamilton technology 4ft kona sun 20.000k led light so I think that is the difference

Kevin G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tha

Thank you dylana407 that is a nice picture of ur hammer yes thay like the flow in the water mine was nice and big when I 1st brought it home then it just shrunk to the size of what it is now but at the store thay were running t5s and I'm running Hamilton technology 4ft kona sun 20.000k led light so I think that is the difference

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just looks like an ice cream cone. Sits in the back left corner in my tank under about 170par with med flow. Seems to be very happy where it’s at and has definitely gotten more puffy than it was at the LFS. I’ve had it for about 3 months now.

80616B1F-F211-467B-AC30-90BAA22314C2.jpeg
I love that look where you just see the anchors and really no tenticles

Kevin G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that look where you just see the anchors and really no tenticles
Yes me too and I think it makes them stocker with out the tentacles and too me the heads of them remind me of my east wing hammer I use at work

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Generally my huge hammer is nice and bushy but for the last week they have been bunched up. I have mixed sps and lps and some softies. But I run high flow above them, and wave motion below them. I’m thinking my water is too clean for them because my alk is 7-8 cal 440-460 atm but 2ppm nitrates and under .25 phosphates, Mag is 1390 roughly. So not sure why they are not like they are normally. My frogspawn on the other side is doing extremely well. I can’t imagine they don’t enjoy the same water. Both have been in my tank for 19 months. Still have good color but they just don’t get nice and bushy anymore. Even started feeding more on that side with the hammer more to give them more food.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back