Hammer Coral

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I was thinking about buying this hammer coral.

I'm not 100% sure if its healthy or not. They had recently moved it so not sure if its fully opened? I haven't seen a hammer that looks like this online. Been looking up hammers for awhile and saw this one at the LFS.

Its also 100$ it has 5 heads on it. Is this a good deal if the coral is healthy?

HammerCoral.jpeg

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I was thinking about buying this hammer coral.

I'm not 100% sure if its healthy or not. They had recently moved it so not sure if its fully opened? I haven't seen a hammer that looks like this online. Been looking up hammers for awhile and saw this one at the LFS.

Its also 100$ it has 5 heads on it. Is this a good deal if the coral is healthy?

HammerCoral.jpeg
It sorta is I mean if you like it buy it if not sont

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the colors of it. I just haven't seen a hammer that the heads are small like that. Usually just see them with big heads that cover like the whole base.
I think you should look around for buying there’s lots of amazing corals out there that look like that don’t buy unless your 100% sure

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you should look around for buying there’s lots of amazing corals out there that look like that don’t buy unless your 100% sure
Ye thats true. Might wait and look around more. Don't see many hammers around my area often though. Maybe ill check some fb groups or something. Also nice hammer looks good.

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me! I would ask them to hold it for you, maybe a down payment or something and plan on picking it up in a week or so. If it looks bad, tell them no!

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, he is a bit mad right now so he retracted. i was cleaning the tank and i accidentally hit him. It has 3 heads and it cost me $80

Torch 2.jpg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is mine, he is a bit mad right now so he retracted. i was cleaning the tank and i accidentally hit him. It has 3 heads and it cost me $80

Torch 2.jpg
nice hammer! im gonna keep looking maybe ill find a nice looking one like urs :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back