Hammer growing but not branching

  • Thread starter Thread starter Makara23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Makara23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2023
Messages
264
Reaction score
203
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single head hammer coral that seems to be growing larger rather than branching into another head. The single head is 3.5" across when opened. Is this normal and what's the max head size before they start branching to multiple heads?

Also, I've had this for a couple months and have never seen sweeper tentacles. Maybe the whole bush is the sweeper?

20230303_115520.jpg
 
I have a single head hammer coral that seems to be growing larger rather than branching into another head. The single head is 3.5" across when opened. Is this normal and what's the max head size before they start branching to multiple heads?

Also, I've had this for a couple months and have never seen sweeper tentacles. Maybe the whole bush is the sweeper?

20230303_115520.jpg
With my hammers I have one that starting to grow a head on the side, I have some that got a bubble in the center and turned to Three heads.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new