Hammer not happy

  • Thread starter Thread starter mnsean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Location
st louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three hammers, two happy, one not so much. I have upped the flow tiny bit. Any suggestions?

IMG_7991.jpeg IMG_7989.jpeg
 
any other recent changes to the tank, other than flow? what are your water parameters? how long has it been like this?
 
I have three hammers, two happy, one not so much. I have upped the flow tiny bit. Any suggestions?

IMG_7991.jpeg IMG_7989.jpeg
Assure calcium level not below 400, moderate flow , medium light, feed mysis shrimp and also salinity and temp not elevated despite other two euphyllias looking happy
 
We need more information on your tank: parameters, flow, age, any recent changes, lighting.
 
Since that plug looks new I’d say give it time to settle , otherwise what’s your po4 and no3 levels
 
Kh 9.5-10
Ca 565 (I made some mistakes and this has been be slowly coming back down)
Mg 1425
NO4 10-19
PO4 .1-.13
Salinity 1.025
pH 8.2-8.3
Temp 78.8

62gal Tank is 8month old. Had green hair algae, and cyano. No known algae not pest issues. Tank is lagoon style, hard to deal with flow and lighting correctly. Had to add more equipment and lower the output. See below.

Have few inverts two urchins size of nickel, few turbo snails and hermits.

Tomi tang, two clowns, yellow wrasse, blue war face goby, small yellow tang, banggai cardinal.

Light 40-110 par. 3 ai illumination set at 16watt. Mostly blue.

Flow. Decent flow. 1x Orbit 2, 3x nero3 1x Nero 5. All set at very low output. 700-900 gph.


This purple hammer has been doing this time to time for past 3-4weeks. But now seems to be more deflated more often. Even when it’s fully inflated polyps aren’t really rigid. More droopy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new