Hammer not opening

edc_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got my hammer it was opening up just fine and everything it was only till recently that it hasn’t been wanting to open all the way
d9787298e80489b121714bd3b912ae49.jpg
does anyone know why ?

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First a few basic questions... How long have you had it? When did it last fully open? What are your calcium and alk levels? what fish and inverts do you have in the tank?

But, by the looks of the picture, it is fine, it could just be chowing down on some food, or experiencing some minor irritation. When it fully retracts for a couple days, that si when I would be concerned (i.e. fully retracted is when you don't really see the tentacles)...

OP
OP
edc_aquarium

edc_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First a few basic questions... How long have you had it? When did it last fully open? What are your calcium and alk levels? what fish and inverts do you have in the tank?

But, by the looks of the picture, it is fine, it could just be chowing down on some food, or experiencin some minor irritation. When it fully retracts for a couple days, that si when I would be concerned (i.e. fully retracted is when you don't really see the tentacles)...

I’ve had it for about two months
My alk and calcium are a bit low but I’ve been dosing more so it should be back up
I just have 1 clown and a few hermit crabs and a few snails
It’s never fully retracted it just hasn’t opened up all the way

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, two weeks is a long time, it may not be eating properly at this point. I'd move to somewhere with less flow, but the same light and see what happens...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back