Hammer tentacles getting short

mathvmendes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Brasil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Couldnt find something similar, so here we go

Got this hammer 5 months ago. It was healthy until it started to split. Now its tentacles are short, looking like something is bothering it, and its been that way for about 3 months. Changed places to see if was a flow or lighting problem, but no results.

It has no flesh receding at the base, no slime, no flatworms, and no other hammer has this problem

Any ideas?

Oh, and the parameters are: Nitrate 2, phosphate 0.1, kh 7.6, ph 8.2, Ca 400, Mg 1340, Salinity 1.025, temp 25-26°C

20240403_185228.jpg 20240403_175733.jpg
 
I think I see the whiskers of a shrimp, in the last pic, notorious for bothering corals.
 
Upvote 0
Indeed! Its a skunk cleaner

It really is kind of a pain lol
But I work from a desk right next to the tank the whole day and never saw it bothering any hammer

Actually, never saw that coral being bothered at all

Maybe a dip with iodine would be good? I usually only try dipping when I see tissue recession (and as prophylaxis before entering the tank)

Bad idea in this case?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new