Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters:
Salinity- 1.025
pH - 8.2
Mag- 1200( LFS - Salifert) - slowly trying to raise.
Hanna:
Hanna:
Alk-9.1
Phos-.115
Calc-380

API:
Nitrate - 0-5 ( trying to get up a little bit)
Will post a picture later, but over the last couple weeks my hammers/frogspawns/octos have all been losing their “puffiness”. All my torches seem to be normal except my hellfire.
Is there a common reason for euphullia to lose puffiness. They only thing I can think is the mag being too low or nitrates too low. Let me know what you think.

SPS are extended and encrusting.
Zoas looking happy except for some that are in too much shade.

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal is a little low my hammer's like around 400-450 Alk is good. Raising the mag even a little bit seems to affect them and there extention. What was your mag before and were your hammers happy? "Because if it's not a problem don't fix it"-Thomas Lance

OP
OP
Guzman333

Guzman333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal is a little low my hammer's like around 400-450 Alk is good. Raising the mag even a little bit seems to affect them and there extention. What was your mag before and were your hammers happy? "Because if it's not a problem don't fix it"-Thomas Lance
Well it was at 1400 but then my LFS switched salt they use and didn’t realize or account for that so then it slowly fell

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I see then you are doing the right thing and the hammers might just need some time to get used to the change. They likely got unhappy due to the mag being too low and got less "puffy" and when you get to what you had they most likely will go back to being "puffy"

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back