Hang on the back refugium vs filter

You could get one of these Aquamaxx and hot rod it for both by adding filtration pads and media as well as a refugium.
Aquamaxx HOB Refugium


Another HOB options I've seen is to get a AquClear HOB and convert it to a refugium. Could get two smaller 70s and run side by side with one converted to a refugium. Many conversions shown on YouTube for this.
 
Welcome! You could definitely buy a black/non-transparent HOB filter and DIY a LED light and have that be a HOB fuge with chaeto. I'm sure you can find HOB fuges for sale online as well, but likely to be pricey!
So I have a hang on the back filter and a hang on the back refugium but I can't fit both is the refugium alone going to be good enough
 
So I have a hang on the back filter and a hang on the back refugium but I can't fit both is the refugium alone going to be good enough
you want a mechanical filter as well. Otherwise, the refugium will get filled with uneaten food and detritus. I'd have both if you aren't doing a sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new