Hanging red sea 50 led

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orcinus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Orcinus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a red sea 50 led, after using a Chinese light for 2 years.
I've spent a good buck on the light and the needed arm. After assembling everything and uploading a right program, it downed on me that the arm isn't suitable for my tank. I then read that the glass needs to be at least 8 mm thick, while mine is only 4 mm thick.
I don't wanna stick a piece of wood or something else in, as I'm not sure that the glass will withstand the weight of the light.
The tank is backed against a closet, and has no walls on either sides of it, so hanging on the wall is not an option.
My ceiling is angled and made of wood, is there a way to hange a single red sea led 50 light safely?
Any other options? I'm pretty desperate since the light I used before has died and I have no option but to use the new one.
The current "set up" is a plastic box lid resting on the tank, and on it an empty sea salt box with a hole in the middle.
 
You will just have to adjust for the angle of your ceiling with the hanging cables. If you for sure dont want to use the arm, then id return it. I used a piece of clear plexi glass on my tanks, clear acrylic will work too. Just do not use wood, It will swell and crack your glass.
 
You will just have to adjust for the angle of your ceiling with the hanging cables. If you for sure dont want to use the arm, then id return it. I used a piece of clear plexi glass on my tanks, clear acrylic will work too. Just do not use wood, It will swell and crack your glass.
Is it safe to hang it from a wooden ceiling?
I don't think I'll be able to return the arm since I opened the package and used it.
 
Just make sure you use good anchors and you’ll be just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new