Hanging red sea 50 led

Orcinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a red sea 50 led, after using a Chinese light for 2 years.
I've spent a good buck on the light and the needed arm. After assembling everything and uploading a right program, it downed on me that the arm isn't suitable for my tank. I then read that the glass needs to be at least 8 mm thick, while mine is only 4 mm thick.
I don't wanna stick a piece of wood or something else in, as I'm not sure that the glass will withstand the weight of the light.
The tank is backed against a closet, and has no walls on either sides of it, so hanging on the wall is not an option.
My ceiling is angled and made of wood, is there a way to hange a single red sea led 50 light safely?
Any other options? I'm pretty desperate since the light I used before has died and I have no option but to use the new one.
The current "set up" is a plastic box lid resting on the tank, and on it an empty sea salt box with a hole in the middle.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will just have to adjust for the angle of your ceiling with the hanging cables. If you for sure dont want to use the arm, then id return it. I used a piece of clear plexi glass on my tanks, clear acrylic will work too. Just do not use wood, It will swell and crack your glass.

OP
OP
O

Orcinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will just have to adjust for the angle of your ceiling with the hanging cables. If you for sure dont want to use the arm, then id return it. I used a piece of clear plexi glass on my tanks, clear acrylic will work too. Just do not use wood, It will swell and crack your glass.
Is it safe to hang it from a wooden ceiling?
I don't think I'll be able to return the arm since I opened the package and used it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back