hanna checker

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *hate* my Hanna Nitrate LR checker - read the instructions online and you'll understand why - everything short of stand on head - but if that made some of those other steps go away, I'd try a hand/headstand.

I *love* my Hanna ULR Phosphate checker - easy 1 packet 2 vial but I think this chart is missing from box:

Hanna Alkalinity and Calcium testers are pretty straightforward.

Don't have 1st hand experience with other Hanna testers

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High. I've never used it but the low range checker has a horrible reputation as being difficult to perform. I was going to get it when it came out, but I watched a video of someone performing a test and changed my mind.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concur with the above. No complaints with the high since it's really just one step of adding the reagent power.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lr will not c2 after 3 months, got the hr today and tossing the lr, yayy.
Hr so much easier

adamf83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also looking at getting a couple of Hanna checkers. The Nitrate is a no brainier, but then it’s between the Phosphate or Alkalinity checker.

Which would people favour?

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also looking at getting a couple of Hanna checkers. The Nitrate is a no brainier, but then it’s between the Phosphate or Alkalinity checker.

I would get the alk and phosphate checkers before the HR nitrate, but that's just me. I'm trying to burn through a red sea nitrate kit before I upgrade to the HR Hanna.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Hanna phosphate checker is the best one to get in my opinion. Then for me it would be a toss up for the nitrate or alkalinity. They're both easy to use, but for those two parameters you can buy other test kits that work well.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Hanna HR checker, got it over the summer and usually check biweekly along with using a salifert as a backup (not 100% ready to rely on digital only). Easy enough, quick enough for me.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna N03 HR, it is very easy to use. I am currently using it every 3 or so days while I lower my N03 in my tank.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Hannas
73B24818-712F-43F9-BC51-94767D6F4539.jpeg

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I Just got tired of trying to read colors of the Tropic Marin nitrate test. I pulled the trigger on the Hanna Hi-Range 782 checker yesterday, it should be here next week.
SaltwaterAquarium.com has a month long promotion this November. I got 1000 points in the give away, so $10 bucks off was enough to sway me into ordering it.
:cool:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *hate* my Hanna Nitrate LR checker - read the instructions online and you'll understand why - everything short of stand on head - but if that made some of those other steps go away, I'd try a hand/headstand.

I *love* my Hanna ULR Phosphate checker - easy 1 packet 2 vial but I think this chart is missing from box:

Hanna Alkalinity and Calcium testers are pretty straightforward.

Don't have 1st hand experience with other Hanna testers
I wish i would have known this before I bought the LR checker the other day. WOW what a pain.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...
Well, I just got tired of trying to read the colors of the Tropic Marin nitrate test.
A few days ago I received the Hanna Hi-Range 782 checker. If you have the Hanna 736 Phosphorus checker or the Hanna 774 Phospate checker the procedures to do a test are very similar. The Hanna Hi-Range 782 checker has a 7-minute count-down instead of the 3-minute countdown timer. Like all the Hanna checker packets, cut along the dotted line to open, that seems like a small thing but it makes pouring the reagent out much simpler.
I'm so happy I bought the Hanna Hi-Range 782, no more color guesswork. What I thought were Nitrates between 5 & 10 were actually at 39 ppm!
I'm confident my reef-keeping skills will improve with this tool......

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back