Hanna checkers or other water quality testers

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting back in so not sure if to spend on the Hanna checkers for calc alk mag and phos or purchase something else like red sea or api or any other out there now

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it is a lot of personal preference there, and budgetary/ convenience concerns.
I got the alk checker and love it, but so far for me, salifert and redsea kits have been perfect for the rest.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the hanna ULR phosphate or ulr phosphorus (phosphorus one is more accurate). The others eh. I like the HR nitrate but there are easier and cheaper alk tests (such as the red sea pro or salifert). Alk test are so easy to perform in general that I wouldn't waste money on the hanna. The calcium requires distilled water (not RODI) to be more accurate. Their pH one isn't bad but I prefer something more accurate (accurate to 0.01 is what I prefer).

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only testers i personally would recommend hanna is the phosphate and maybe nitrate. Too many reagent issues with alk(and color tests from salifert and others work fine). Their calcium test is known to have issues(personally i use api for calcium i dont need any real precision there).

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info here. The Hanna checkers are worth the cost in my opinion. Mine do read different from my other test kits; but consistency is better than precision in my reef.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use alk, po4 and the salinity tester. Never heard a nice thing said about the calcium one
I will change that for you.

I like my Hanna HI1758 Calcium Checker. I find it very consistent and reliable. It is inline with my other calcium test (red sea, seachem, api, trident) as I have performed them.

I endorse the Hanna Calcium Checker.

I consider this saying something nice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back