Hanna checkers or testing kit questions

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered Hanna cal, alk and phosphate. How important is a Hanna nitrate checker? I got those cheap axx api that lots of people say it tests high.

still got Red Sea mag tester.

anything other test kit I should have for keeping a sps tank? Thx

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know Hanna don’t do a Nitrate checker (other than the very expensive version below) They do a Nitrite pocket checker which is different and not really needed for a reef tank. You can do it with manual tests if you want to during the early stages of the tanks life.

The Hanna salinity checker is quiet good, I purchased one a few weeks ago and it’s much easier that a refractometer

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know Hanna don’t do a Nitrate checker (other than the very expensive version below) They do a Nitrite pocket checker which is different and not really needed for a reef tank. You can do it with manual tests if you want to during the early stages of the tanks life.

The Hanna salinity checker is quiet good, I purchased one a few weeks ago and it’s much easier that a refractometer
I did found out online about the nitrate kit, expensive! My tank is over a year old and being using Red Sea and api, screw them!

sg88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old post, but I checked with Hanna...their Nitrate photometers only work with fresh water. They do not make one for saltwater.

Back