HANNA HR vs LR

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I was looking into Hanna Nitrate test kits and saw that there are High Rate and Low Rate kits you can buy. What is the difference?
 
The LR is a pain to use and is not as helpful imo. The high range kit is very straightforward and covers a far wider range of nitrate.
I assume I would want the one on the left here?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2038.png
    IMG_2038.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 55
These are the ones most of us have

Nitrate High Range
Phosphate Ultra Low Range

I’ve had good success with both
 
Ok, thank you. Any reason why?
there really isn’t a purpose to the low range, basically nobody is concerned with ranges under 10pm unless it’s zero …
besides, running the LR Nitrate test requires a pHD and masochist personality (it’s pretty bad)
 
I bought the Nitrate HR test new at my LFS. I found a Phosphorus ULR kit on market place with a new box of refills for $25. With that kit I have to use the chart to convert it to phosphate, but for the savings, I’ll do it! I color printed and laminated the conversion chart.
 
I bought the Nitrate HR test new at my LFS. I found a Phosphorus ULR kit on market place with a new box of refills for $25. With that kit I have to use the chart to convert it to phosphate, but for the savings, I’ll do it! I color printed and laminated the conversion chart.
Awesome, thank you. I’ll check out marketplace
 
As all are saying, nitrate hr and phosphATE ulr. I first purchased the nitrate lr and it is a total pain. Very accurate but not what we need.
 
Awesome, thank you. I’ll check out marketplace
Definitely hit up Marketplace. I got all of mine there. Even ones I will rarely use, but the $$$ was too good to pass up.

My wife has banned me from Marketplace due to my inability to say no to a good deal. Even if I don’t need it. LOL

Example: I have an Apex on my QT. Why? Cuz it was a great $ on Marketplace. LOL
 
Definitely hit up Marketplace. I got all of mine there. Even ones I will rarely use, but the $$$ was too good to pass up.

My wife has banned me from Marketplace due to my inability to say no to a good deal. Even if I don’t need it. LOL

Example: I have an Apex on my QT. Why? Cuz it was a great $ on Marketplace. LOL
lmaoooo thanks bro
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new