After the 8min count down it was the same results

20201106_195515.jpg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its only good for 0-5ppm unless your follow the extra steps as others have mentioned. I own one and honestly not worth it...im sticking with nyos unless i dip below 5 ppm and need to get an exact number. If you didn't have to do the extra steps for 5-50ppm i think it would have been worth it.
Thanks for the feedback. My issue is always high nitrate, I don't think I'd care much if it was 1-5. Finding a kit that can tell me if it is 29 or 69.... that would at least tell me if I was making progress. Red Sea is too vague.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding a kit that can tell me if it is 29 or 69.... that would at least tell me if I was making progress. Red Sea is too vague.
...as most kits are when you get into the higher numbers. The Hanna can tell you if it's 0 to 50 but no higher. Exact numbers aren't so important unless you're running near zero so you don't bottom out. If you're getting that high then a large water change or 2 should reduce it pretty quick. Then you need to figure out how it's getting so high and what course you're going to take to maintain it. I'm curious what's your phosphates at?

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...as most kits are when you get into the higher numbers. The Hanna can tell you if it's 0 to 50 but no higher. Exact numbers aren't so important unless you're running near zero so you don't bottom out. If you're getting that high then a large water change or 2 should reduce it pretty quick. Then you need to figure out how it's getting so high and what course you're going to take to maintain it. I'm curious what's your phosphates at?

My alkalinity is high also it was 7.5 5 days ago in dos it with baking soda

Screenshot_20201106-211442_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20201106-211726_APEX Fusion.jpg

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Going to do a water change tomorrow 30 gallons I got 140 gallon RedSea

Mawlbec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with most on this post...I've used this new Hanna test about 10 times. Learning curve more than any other checker. And takes time to sterilize for the next test. I'd much rather use the NYOS. If bottoming out, this comes in handy. If too high you can still use the NYOS to see your progress. I know I'm new here but I'm fascinated with these Hanna checkers and come to love them, with exception to this one.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only think I did get with the checker is the count down by pressing one time it gave me the same result

Mawlbec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only think I did get with the checker is the count down by pressing one time it gave me the same result
Interesting to hear, have only held the button for the 8 minute timer so far. I imagine the timer is to get rid of all the micro-bubbles for reduced reading errors after "vigorous" shaking for 2 minutes.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like digital numbers not some chart that I m trying to see under the light which pattern it is

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back