Hanna Nitrate Checker Instructions

zenx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure posted before but Hanna nitrate checker instruction are up on their web page..Ummmm there are just a few extra steps :) :) I think they forgot to mention the sample amount in video...lol...there is also a diluted method up to 50 ppm

adobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't get it.

Are the other test kits (NYOS, Red Sea, Salifert) really so deficient that the incredibly complex process used with the Hanna checker make it worthwhile? Even if the NYOS test kit read 20% off - that is the difference between 4ppm and 5ppm. Or 8ppm and 10ppm. Or 16ppm and 20ppm.

If my test kit was reading either 4ppm vs 5ppm, the actions I would be compelled to take would not change. Same with getting a reading of 16ppm vs. 20ppm.

The complex process on that Hanna nitrate checker just makes i certain that I would stop using it after about 3 weeks.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may just stick with my salifert LoL. I like hanna stuff so I'm going to give it a shot. But man the salifert is easy and about less than five minutes

OP
OP
Z

zenx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing wrong with the other kits they work just fine I just happened to be out of my red Sea and this became a available and my other Hanna checkers work very well

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't get it.

Are the other test kits (NYOS, Red Sea, Salifert) really so deficient that the incredibly complex process used with the Hanna checker make it worthwhile? Even if the NYOS test kit read 20% off - that is the difference between 4ppm and 5ppm. Or 8ppm and 10ppm. Or 16ppm and 20ppm.

If my test kit was reading either 4ppm vs 5ppm, the actions I would be compelled to take would not change. Same with getting a reading of 16ppm vs. 20ppm.

The complex process on that Hanna nitrate checker just makes i certain that I would stop using it after about 3 weeks.
I think for us closer to 0 it’s incredibly difficult to differentiate with between the lower values and I have the Red Sea, API and Salifert. I preordered and hope it’s worth it

adobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for us closer to 0 it’s incredibly difficult to differentiate with between the lower values and I have the Red Sea, API and Salifert. I preordered and hope it’s worth it

What is the functional difference between 1ppm and 2ppm of nitrate? Put a different way, what would you do different if your tank had 1ppm vs 2ppm of nitrate? Or 3ppm nitrate?

OP
OP
Z

zenx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater aquarium.com just did video and started shipping them....

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back