Hanna Nitrate checker.....

The copper checker uses the powder too, sometimes it all goes in the cuvette, sometimes it goes everywhere else!
The powder packets are trash. I’d gladly pay more money for a better delivery mechanism. If I miss even a spec of the powder in the tube, I feel like my test is off.
 
The powder packets are trash. I’d gladly pay more money for a better delivery mechanism. If I miss even a spec of the powder in the tube, I feel like my test is off.
Is it just me having the powder precipitate for longer than the 15 seconds we're supposed to shake for?
 
Did not know about all those steps. Thanks for the heads up. Was about to purchase but may not now.
 
To me, the surest way to ensure that an important task is not performed regularly is to make the task complex.

And for all your trouble, what is the benefit? Is this checker really telling the hobbyist anything particularly useful that a salifert or one of the other test kits don't tell you?
 
To me, the surest way to ensure that an important task is not performed regularly is to make the task complex.

And for all your trouble, what is the benefit? Is this checker really telling the hobbyist anything particularly useful that a salifert or one of the other test kits don't tell you?
Or rather, tell you but you don't need to dilute the sample first?
 
I get mad when I miss the 3 minute timer for PO4. I'd loose my mind and break this one after missing an 8 minute timer and doing 5 minutes of work before that. Wow this thing is ridiculous. Who thought this was a good idea?
 
I get mad when I miss the 3 minute timer for PO4. I'd loose my mind and break this one after missing an 8 minute timer and doing 5 minutes of work before that. Wow this thing is ridiculous. Who thought this was a good idea?
I wish all the checkers had some kind of alert when the timers are done. I have to set a timer on my Alexa to remind me to look at the timer on the Hanna.
 
I wish all the checkers had some kind of alert when the timers are done. I have to set a timer on my Alexa to remind me to look at the timer on the Hanna.
I just start the timer that I used to time the 2 minutes to shake it. A built in timer would be awesome.
 
Yep I feel the same way. Not gonna buy this one as it's to much of a PIA, and I'll end up not doing it...
 
The powder packets are trash. I’d gladly pay more money for a better delivery mechanism. If I miss even a spec of the powder in the tube, I feel like my test is off.
Most of the time that you're using powder in a packet or scoop, the amounts arent critical. Either something else is the limiting factor in the test, or the purpose of the powder is to get some other element to precipitate out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new