Hanna Nitrate checker.....

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The copper checker uses the powder too, sometimes it all goes in the cuvette, sometimes it goes everywhere else!
The powder packets are trash. I’d gladly pay more money for a better delivery mechanism. If I miss even a spec of the powder in the tube, I feel like my test is off.

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The powder packets are trash. I’d gladly pay more money for a better delivery mechanism. If I miss even a spec of the powder in the tube, I feel like my test is off.
Is it just me having the powder precipitate for longer than the 15 seconds we're supposed to shake for?

adobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, the surest way to ensure that an important task is not performed regularly is to make the task complex.

And for all your trouble, what is the benefit? Is this checker really telling the hobbyist anything particularly useful that a salifert or one of the other test kits don't tell you?

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, the surest way to ensure that an important task is not performed regularly is to make the task complex.

And for all your trouble, what is the benefit? Is this checker really telling the hobbyist anything particularly useful that a salifert or one of the other test kits don't tell you?
Or rather, tell you but you don't need to dilute the sample first?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mad when I miss the 3 minute timer for PO4. I'd loose my mind and break this one after missing an 8 minute timer and doing 5 minutes of work before that. Wow this thing is ridiculous. Who thought this was a good idea?
I wish all the checkers had some kind of alert when the timers are done. I have to set a timer on my Alexa to remind me to look at the timer on the Hanna.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all the checkers had some kind of alert when the timers are done. I have to set a timer on my Alexa to remind me to look at the timer on the Hanna.
I just start the timer that I used to time the 2 minutes to shake it. A built in timer would be awesome.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I feel the same way. Not gonna buy this one as it's to much of a PIA, and I'll end up not doing it...

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time that you're using powder in a packet or scoop, the amounts arent critical. Either something else is the limiting factor in the test, or the purpose of the powder is to get some other element to precipitate out.

Back