Happy birthday nuvo 20g!

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week my nuvo 20g tank has turned 1 year old and man has it been a journey.
My original idea for the tank was going to be a euphilia dominated system. However about 2 days after the cycle I decided to add another ai prime and switch to an sps dominant tank with some LPS and softies.
I was feeling like doing something outside of my comfort zone and threw in my first few acropora I have ever kept as the first inhabitants of the tank and to my surprise I didn't lose a single one! After the tank had more time to establish I started to pack it with all these beautiful corals that I knew would make the tank stand out.
Not all was great with this tank due to pests. The first pest I had to beat was Monti eating nudibranchs that were easily dealt with by adding a 6 line wrasse. I then caught velvet and lost all the fish in the system. After a long fallow I was finally able to add more fish in again. At this time the only fish are the first 2 clowns I bought when I first got into fish keeping. They love their new home.

Long story short I just wanted to share how far this tank has come along in one year and to show how proud of it I am

Screenshot_20210124-133637_Gallery.jpg IMG_20210124_133737_983.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back