Happy birthday nuvo 20g!

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week my nuvo 20g tank has turned 1 year old and man has it been a journey.
My original idea for the tank was going to be a euphilia dominated system. However about 2 days after the cycle I decided to add another ai prime and switch to an sps dominant tank with some LPS and softies.
I was feeling like doing something outside of my comfort zone and threw in my first few acropora I have ever kept as the first inhabitants of the tank and to my surprise I didn't lose a single one! After the tank had more time to establish I started to pack it with all these beautiful corals that I knew would make the tank stand out.
Not all was great with this tank due to pests. The first pest I had to beat was Monti eating nudibranchs that were easily dealt with by adding a 6 line wrasse. I then caught velvet and lost all the fish in the system. After a long fallow I was finally able to add more fish in again. At this time the only fish are the first 2 clowns I bought when I first got into fish keeping. They love their new home.

Long story short I just wanted to share how far this tank has come along in one year and to show how proud of it I am

Screenshot_20210124-133637_Gallery.jpg IMG_20210124_133737_983.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new