HARD PLUMB A CHILLER AND UV STERILIZER

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HARD PLUMB A CHILLER AND UV STERILIZER AND IF SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT I HAVE A JBJ 1/4 CHILLER AND A ULTRAVILOET 57 WATT UV STERILIZER

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a UV light but I hard piped my chiller..... same one as you I think....

E21CDF4A-2D59-402C-95F5-A7A632FE00BB.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE AS FAR AS PLUMBING HOW DO I GO ABOUT WHAT SIZES I AM NOT A PLUMBER DONT WANNA MESS IT UP

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the ports for your UV should be 3/4 pipe might need male/female threaded pvc adapters should be fairly simple tho pumpfrom sump/chillier/uv/ return to sump don’t forget your threaded unions for maintenance
- Hope this helps

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO WAY WOULD I HARD PLUMB THOSE... ok I’ll stop yelling now. The UV and chiller are really items that need regular maintenance. Being able to quickly disconnect them and move them to take care of maintenance makes life easier. Also as your system grows you might want to move these two bulky items to a different side of the tank or else where. Hard plumbing makes that tough to rearrange things.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you mean by ‘HARD PLUMBING’ lol? I use flex PVC on all my lines, does that count? If you’re going to use hard PVC, which is doable, just make sure to put in true union ball valves so that equipment can be easily removed for maintenance.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE THE RED SEA 750XXL SO THEY BOTH WILL BE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TANK I WANT HARD PLUMBING DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE IM USING THE SIDE CABINET FOR MY CONTROLLER AND POWER MODULES

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BY HAVING THEM ON THE OUTSIDE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EASILLY DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT FOR MAINTENANCE

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE AS FAR AS PLUMBING HOW DO I GO ABOUT WHAT SIZES I AM NOT A PLUMBER DONT WANNA MESS IT UP
NO WAY WOULD I HARD PLUMB THOSE... ok I’ll stop yelling now. The UV and chiller are really items that need regular maintenance. Being able to quickly disconnect them and move them to take care of maintenance makes life easier. Also as your system grows you might want to move these two bulky items to a different side of the tank or else where. Hard plumbing makes that tough to rearrange things.
thats y I used unions

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you mean by ‘HARD PLUMBING’ lol? I use flex PVC on all my lines, does that count? If you’re going to use hard PVC, which is doable, just make sure to put in true union ball valves so that equipment can be easily removed for maintenance.
Flexible lines are the opposite of hard plumbing lol but yes use unions. Not necessary on the valves as long as you use unions. Mine are right at the bottom of where the pipes meet the chiller

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get home I’ll break it down what I did on mine. I’m working right now... BTW, journeyman plumber here. I can explain what I used later today unless you figure it out before then

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flexible lines are the opposite of hard plumbing lol but yes use unions. Not necessary on the valves as long as you use unions.

Again, that depends. If the connections are below the level of the sump, valves can be very useful. If they’re not, and you can easily purge water from the lines then unions may suffice.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, that depends. If the connections are below the level of the sump, valves can be very useful. If they’re not, and you can easily purge water from the lines then unions may suffice.
“Not necessary on the valves”. Because somebody said u needed union valves. What I was saying is that u can just have regular valves and unions elsewhere. U don’t need “union valves”. Get it? Lol

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Not necessary on the valves”. Because somebody said u needed union valves. What I was saying is that u can just have regular valves and unions elsewhere. U don’t need “union valves”. Get it? Lol
O YOU said it lol yea Man U can put valves AND unions wherever you want separately. It’s better. Unless exactly where you want to put unions is exactly where you want valves, which in most case is not the same place.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back