Hardware (light & skimmer) for Cobalt C-Vue

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Been a few years of a hiatus on reefs, but I just recently was inspired to come back to the hobby.

I'm trying to figure out the best skimmer for the tank. Ideally, as this AIO has a decent amount of space behind the false wall I'd like to see what I could get back there. For false wall specs see this image:

a9f6b141-fb7f-45ce-b122-74aac9e5331f-jpeg.729680

I've been eyeing the IceCap K2-50 to do the job, but I wasn't sure if there were other options that perform better with the space below. I plan on running InTank baskets in the overflow portions to aide with initial mechanical, biological, and chemical filtration as well as running a modified reactor in the cabinet below the tank filled with Cheato to assist with additional nitrates. Ideally, I'd prefer the Protein Skimmer take the bulk of the work and save the rest of the filtration process for polishing.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up to see if anyone has any input. I'm seeing a few members on here are running Tunze 9004's, but I've not heard great things about those skimmers in other tanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.4%
Back