Harlequin Shrimp vs Asterinas...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Klyle

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
827
Reaction score
389
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read all the harlequin posts just to make sure I'm not asking a question that's already been asked and I haven't found an answer to this exact question...will a 40b packed full of asterinas be enough to sustain a harlequin's diet? I have been trying to control the asterina population by removing them for the past few months. I'm pretty sure they're eating my zoas so I would like to keep them in check. I removed probably 150/ week for a month and it helped but then I stopped and a month later they're everywhere again. I really don't want to end up in a situation where I have to buy cc starfishes for food either. So as long as I'm overfeeding my tank, which I'm really good at, should they be able to sustain the shrimp? Anyone have any luck taking this route? Thanks
 
The shrimp wil eventually eat all the asterinas in your system.
I had hundreds in my 120 and would remove them all the time.
Within a months time I had to add a chocolate chip star fish once a week to keep it fed.
I then rehomed it to a tank full of asterinas.
So no it will not be enough to keep it fed long term.
 
The shrimp wil eventually eat all the asterinas in your system.
I had hundreds in my 120 and would remove them all the time.
Within a months time I had to add a chocolate chip star fish once a week to keep it fed.
I then rehomed it to a tank full of asterinas.
So no it will not be enough to keep it fed long term.
Wow. That's surprising! Sounds good...i will plan accordingly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new