Harves Reef Tank Addiction

Energy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a video Together on Harves Fully Stocked and mature Reef tank. Please let me know what you think.

P.S. I'm trying to learn how to do these better- any advice is appreciated and if you have a reef tank that I could make a youtube video on please email me at [email protected]

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera work needs to be better.
Editing:
Pick a rhythm like a in song, you can increase the beat without changing the rhythm.
You can increase the editorial beat without changing the rhythm.
Like a song or film, tell the story in acts. String scenes together to form the act.
Intro smooth close moving hero shot(hook), to wide establish(time place who what where) gives view sense of place.
Return to med, moving to find next section(scene), then tighter coverage, tighter again, wider as scene ends(moving or fade)
next scene.

Mixing cut styles (fades direct cuts dissolves) affects the rythym and directs the viewers feel for the energy of the scene and film over all.
Choosing the wonky shots as coverage makes them seem less wonky as you use smaller pieces of them.
IE smooth wide to direct cut to jumpy coverage. (handheld in film terms) back to moving.
Example. Dolly shot cut to hand held tighter jumpy close to jumpy close different angle to wider smoother but has energy.

Rinse & repeat fade out.
Roll credits.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back