Has Anyone Converted a Waterbox Eden?

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m looking for a nano tank with a lid, ideally AIO, in the 25-35 gallon rage, which is fairly difficult to find! The Eden has looked perfect from day one and keeps coming up in my results lol - so has anyone converted one to saltwater? Or am I setting myself up for disaster for my first tank build? Haha

OP
OP
TinyReefObsession

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I assumed the materials, filtration, available space in the back would be different, but if it’s just a matter of popping in my own- I think I can do that! Lol I haven’t been able to get the specs page to open so hopefully they’ll send me that soon and i can get a better idea… i know I want to have the option for ATO & auto water changes to help with the joint pain :) haven’t figured out if I should add a sump too yet… open to thoughts on a sump :) I just have 2 clowns, a big hosting condy (the upgrade is for her lol), 15 rhodactis, and CUC. Wouldn’t want to add more fish since my clowns are spawning & i don’t need the violence lol :rolleyes:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about a biocube? There are always killer deals on offer up. Why is a lid so important? Can you use a Kraken lid?
this was on offer up. not mine, just an example.

OP
OP
TinyReefObsession

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about a biocube? There are always killer deals on offer up. Why is a lid so important? Can you use a Kraken lid?
this was on offer up. not mine, just an example.
I actually have a small one! :star-struck: Haha I really like my little Oceanic Biocube 14, but the condy has outgrown it & the curved glass is a little difficult to clean along the sandline, since I can’t reach very well, but it’s definitely still a possibility. The lid on my current BC keeps the temp stable between 75 & 80 all day! :D …and honestly the open top just makes me nervous about things getting in that shouldn’t lol i like the look of both… should probably see how big the BC 32 is in person.. might be easier:)

OP
OP
TinyReefObsession

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always check out something like https://krakenreef.com/ for a lid if that's the big determining factor.
Thank you so much for rhe link! I keep hearing about the custom lids and intended to check them out… now all tanks are back on the table hahah so much for narrowing it down :grinning-squinting-face: .

BuyLowGetHigh69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m looking for a nano tank with a lid, ideally AIO, in the 25-35 gallon rage, which is fairly difficult to find! The Eden has looked perfect from day one and keeps coming up in my results lol - so has anyone converted one to saltwater? Or am I setting myself up for disaster for my first tank build? Haha
Just saw this, I have the 20g Eden. Similar to you, it kept calling out to me over other options. I particularly like the space savings over the AIO setups, drilled the back for an overflow and it works like a charm. Was a nerve wracking process drilling such a nice tank, but turned out to be well worth it. Very clean set up with the AI blade coral grow. Added a 20g sump, which is a bit cramped, but seems like you’re in the market for larger volume so would be less of an issue if you go that route. My only question now is what to use for a return jet? Went with the Aspen color, all the usual return jet options are black. 3d printed a “nem guard” in natural white for my powerheads and those blend almost perfect with the background. Let me know if you pulled the trigger and how it went. My experience has been almost all positive, happy to share any details if helpful.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 107 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back