Has anyone had problems with the BioCube Skimmer

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here had problems with the bio I've skimmer?

I've got it today and the pump that comes with it seems to not be powerful enough. Is this something comon or I should get another pump? The bubbles are no reaching the box on the top

IMG_7768.JPG


IMG_7760.JPG
 
Yes the tube is too long or the pump is not powerful enough.

And yes, if you can get a better skimmer do so. I really did not like mine. Might want to look at the Tunze 9001 and see if it fits.
 
I think every single person I have known who has ever used this skimmer hates it. Myself included.

I would recommend the Reef Octopus NS80.
 
Yeah, it's not a great skimmer. That said, I got ok results from it when I switched out the pump but it needed constant adjustment which was annoying. A lot of folks use a Tunze 9001 after putting in an inTank media basket. It requires a little bit of minor cutting, but it's not too bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new