Has anyone ordered from Brine Shrimp Direct recently?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order with them last week (Tuesday 1/6) and, as far as I can tell, it hasn't shipped yet. This was my first order with them, so I don't know what to expect yet. Nothing fresh or frozen, so I assume their "Only ship on Mon/Tue" policy wouldn't apply here. I did shoot them an email yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back. What made me a bit nervous was when I looked at their facebook page. They haven't posted anything for over two years and the last few years worth of reviews and comments seem to suggest I'm not the only person having problems. In fact, the most recent comment (in the Community section) is from someone asking if they're still open.

Has anyone ordered and received anything directly from them recently? I can wait a bit longer if this is par for the course for them (and keep that in mind for future orders), but if I'm not going to get my order, I'd rather start the dispute process with my CC company sooner rather than later.

Incidentally, are there any other brands of brine shrimp eggs that are of the same quality? Right now I'm just using the ones most LFSs have (San Francisco Bay). From what I've read, they're perfectly acceptable, but there's better ones out there, namely BSD.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that feeling of not knowing. I try to contact before ordering from someone for the first time. I haven’t ordered from them in a number of years.
sorry I’m not more help

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not directly from them, but I did order from Amazon and the order was inspected, packed, and shipped directly from brine shrimp direct. I know that doesn't help much but they are moving product at least.

OP
OP
J

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not directly from them, but I did order from Amazon and the order was inspected, packed, and shipped directly from brine shrimp direct
I'm considering doing that, but I'd have to cancel my order with them and since (at least so far) they're not responding to emails, I'd have to dispute the charge. I'm hoping not to burn any bridges trying to get the order.
I sent them another email. If it isn't shipped in the next few days and/or I don't hear back from them, I may end up disputing the charge just to get my money back.

Their website says they typically ship within 48 hours. It's been over a week and I'm still waiting. My only hope is that they sent out my order and just never updated the status on their website. It would be nice if they'd at least reply to an email so I have some idea as to what's going on. Even if it's just to let me know there was a delay and it'll be shipped out soon. At least I'd know they're still in business.

OP
OP
J

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, still nothing. After multiple unreturned emails and then placing, and receiving, the order on Amazon, I ended up disputing the charge and getting my money back.
Too bad, there were some other items that I had ordered (and/or wanted to try on future orders) that aren't available on Amazon, but I'm not going to waste my time ordering directly again.
At least on Amazon, I have two layers of protection since I can dispute it with my credit card and I can raise the issue with Amazon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back