Has anyone purchases small cheap Chinese reactor pumps?

Nathan O'Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have two coral box PR80 reactors, I'm looking at a small controllable submersed pump to power them.
One will be for carbon, the other for bio pallets.

Does anyone run cheap pumps for this purpose from Ali Express / China?

1695785856801.png

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not.
But I am not sure if the combination of salt water, electricity and cheap sounds right.

I am all for experimenting just try to do it safe.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name any brand! What dosent come from China! Even if it's not from China, I'm willing to bet, most of the parts used to build that particular pamp have being soursed from china!
having said that, I have full trust in my jebao pumps. In fact I replaces ecotech vecrta pump with jebao pump. I consider them being cheap pumps from china

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point Jebao is a known brand like any other. I wouldnt even call them off brand just bottom shelf like any other cheap whiskey.

But no, not that pump per say but I have used others and never had an issue other than dying early or something ridiculous. The whole point in buying them is that they are replaceable.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name any brand! What dosent come from China! Even if it's not from China, I'm willing to bet, most of the parts used to build that particular pamp have being soursed from china!
having said that, I have full trust in my jebao pumps. In fact I replaces ecotech vecrta pump with jebao pump. I consider them being cheap pumps from china
i think only sicce may do everything in house (not positive though). Ecotech designs their prototypes, builds their circuit boards and assembles in PA but i saw in a video where they admit they outsource from all over so China is most likely in the mix.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think only sicce may do everything in house (not positive though). Ecotech designs their prototypes, builds their circuit boards and assembles in PA but i saw in a video where they admit they outsource from all over so China is most likely in the mix.
i got nothing against China, or saying everything is bad coming from China, a lot of our hobby equipment is in low price range and reliably coming from china. I had Ecotech vectra L2 (one of "top'' brand) return pump and it gave out on me 4 times where i had to send it in for warranty. and 3 of those times they game me brand new one,

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.3%
Back