Has anyone seen this!!

Oscar Bravo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
344
Reaction score
175
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral has been turning white and I really don’t know why. It’s not STN. It’s white but still alive. Alk at 7.3 and cal at 550 high as always. I have not change anything on lights

E039A502-758C-4BA2-A805-D76CD648C69A.jpeg
 
If the tissue is not falling off, my guess is that the coral is stressed and is bleaching. The zooxanthellae leave the coral and that causes it to "bleach".

Any rapid temperature changes? Maybe extra dosing that affected it negatively? By the looks of it, it is affecting the outer branches and not the inner ones. Not sure if I was much help but this will bump you back up.
 
I did sold a big cap and been transferring other corals to my smaller tank. I shut down my calcium reactor so cal will not go high. I did see some of my other sps stn because of it but they stop. But this is different. My phos was at 0.04.
yeah a lot of my sps are not happy about the slow transition
 
could be a lot of things :)
nutrient levels, pests, parameter swings, some contaminant in your water.


J.
 
Since you shut down your calcium reactor have you been supplementing anything for Alkalinity? You could be seeing a rapid alk drop and that could be causing the bleaching
 
Since you shut down your calcium reactor have you been supplementing anything for Alkalinity? You could be seeing a rapid alk drop and that could be causing the bleaching
I have been supplementing so it would not dive.
i am thinking swings or nutrients
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new