Has anyone used Brightwell aquatics supplements for there tank before?

What do you dose your tank with

• Red Sea

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Brightwell

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Kent marine

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • BRS (Bulk Reef Supply)

• Seachem

• Combination of different brands

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought $200 worth of Brightwell aquatic supplements like Reef code A, Reef code B, iodine, magnesium, strontion, replenish, coral amino, reef snow, etc. and I’ve started dosing for about a week now and was wondering what you mainly use to dose your tank or if anyone has had success with Brightwell before? I’ve been dosing everything as to the instructions on the bottle daily and haven’t seen much yet.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you will have to allow time for your water chemistry to balance out. Lou Ekus of Tropic Marin did a presentation at MACNA that will explain this pretty well. I do like Brightwell products, but I don't use their full line. I think if used correctly and as your aquarium matures you will have great success with those products. The key though is your chemistry and how everything interacts together.

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only used their bacter seven and clean. The seven I had good luck with, but over a month with the clean and no luck at all.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started using the Aminos about a month ago and I definitely see a difference. My tank was pretty healthy before, but now everything is big and happy. Even my Dendro’s stay open nearly all day. It’s the only thing I’ve ever tried that I actually feel was worth the money.

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using the Aminos about a month ago and I definitely see a difference. My tank was pretty healthy before, but now everything is big and happy. Even my Dendro’s stay open nearly all day. It’s the only thing I’ve ever tried that I actually feel was worth the money.
I'm going to check it out!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought $200 worth of Brightwell aquatic supplements like Reef code A, Reef code B, iodine, magnesium, strontion, replenish, coral amino, reef snow, etc. and I’ve started dosing for about a week now and was wondering what you mainly use to dose your tank or if anyone has had success with Brightwell before? I’ve been dosing everything as to the instructions on the bottle daily and haven’t seen much yet.

I wouldn’t focus on one brand for everything, especially not Brightwell which, in my opinion, has some remarkably badly designed reef products. Pick and choose the best from whatever source.

Curtis Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using aminos as well and have noticed some differences. Would say the aminos are good to go. Not sure abt any other products

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS - Alk, Ca and Mag
Red Sea - Salt, NoPoX and Trace Elements
Brightwell Aquatics - No3 and Po4 supplements
Polyp Lab - Coral food and Aminos

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Brightwell. My tank is pretty much Full Brightwell with the exception of a Daily dose of AcroPower.

NeoMarine salt. Water change every 10 days.
CoralAmino Daily
MB7 Or MBClean weekly
Potassion-p as needed.
lugols iodine as needed.
Strontion as needed.
Brightwell Xport brick
Purit every few months
NeoNitro if needed
Neophos if needed
Phosphate-e if needed.

81001959_10219445807312384_2194845910230368256_o.jpg

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Brightwell. My tank is pretty much Full Brightwell with the exception of a Daily dose of AcroPower.

CoralAmino Daily
MB7 Or MBClean weekly
Potassion-p as needed.
lugols iodine as needed.
Strontion as needed.
Brightwell Xport brick
Purit every few months
NeoNitro if needed
Neophos if needed
Phosphate-e if needed.

no alkalinity or calcium additions?

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CoralAmino Daily
MB7 Or MBClean weekly
Potassion-p as needed.
lugols iodine as needed.
Strontion as needed.
Brightwell Xport brick
Purit every few months
NeoNitro if needed
Neophos if needed
Phosphate-e if needed.

I am also in love with Brightwell. Call it the marketing on their packaging idk I just like their stuff lol I just set up my reef, it's currently cycling it close to the end. I used Brightwell Microbacter Start XLM and Quikcycl. I have a hang on back fuge with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat and Xport Bio Cubes in the return chamber. I just bought Iodine, Strontium, Koral Color, Potassion BoroChrom and Ferrion. I have the Red Sea AB+ and use Bionic for dosing Calcium, Alk & Magnesium.
I wanted to switch over to Brightwell for the main 3. Do you know what products I should get? Either the Reef Code A & B (does that have magnesium built in?) or just go straight Calcion, Alk 8.3 & Magnesion? Im not sure if the Reef codes have any other elements in them... I don't want to add anything but Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium because of all of the other supplement I already have. I do have tests for almost every one of them so I won't over dose but I'd rather get the correct set for the Calc, Alk & Mag without worry of double dipping on some of the other elements. Any thoughts between the products?

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in love with Brightwell. Call it the marketing on their packaging idk I just like their stuff lol I just set up my reef, it's currently cycling it close to the end. I used Brightwell Microbacter Start XLM and Quikcycl. I have a hang on back fuge with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat and Xport Bio Cubes in the return chamber. I just bought Iodine, Strontium, Koral Color, Potassion BoroChrom and Ferrion. I have the Red Sea AB+ and use Bionic for dosing Calcium, Alk & Magnesium.
I wanted to switch over to Brightwell for the main 3. Do you know what products I should get? Either the Reef Code A & B (does that have magnesium built in?) or just go straight Calcion, Alk 8.3 & Magnesion? Im not sure if the Reef codes have any other elements in them... I don't want to add anything but Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium because of all of the other supplement I already have. I do have tests for almost every one of them so I won't over dose but I'd rather get the correct set for the Calc, Alk & Mag without worry of double dipping on some of the other elements. Any thoughts between the products?
I'm not sure. I use a Calcium Reactor and have never used Brightwell for kh,ca or mag. Brightwell customer support is very responsive and I suggest you go directly to the source for advice. Wish I could be of more help.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Reef Code two part system is not a fully balanced two part like ESV B-ionic. if you are going to spend the money for a name brand, i’d pick one that is balanced for all significant seawater elements, or else the salinity rise over time is going to drive down important elements such as potassium.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back