Has communication and delivery issues been resolved?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

The_Harris_co

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for a lid to put on my reefer 170 and a google search brought up artfully acrylic/clear view. After reading most comments here it seems like super long wait times and pretty poor communication.

Before I drop $150 I’m wondering if these issues have been resolved or should I look somewhere else? I’m about to take my livestock out of qt and can’t wait 8 plus weeks.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last one I bought, about 6 months ago, arrived in about 4 weeks and was exactly as ordered.
Communication was limited but adequate.
They also now have a modular design that supposedly ships much faster. (I haven't tried it.)

francesco.mancini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered a custom size . Took about 6 weeks . Lid is awesome and we’ll worth the wait . Couldn’t be happier

3EC3052D-72B8-4FA2-93BD-DBA6BB4D6D12.jpeg

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have stepped our game this past fiscal year in many ways. One was to hire an Operations Manager who is fanatic about return communications to customers.
It is true that our communication can be limited in the sense that we do not send out mid-production updates or stay in touch unless emailed specific requests, questions or concerns outside of necessary information gathering to verify order information.
We spend the bulk of our communication time on quotes, measurements and answering any questions posed to us.
The rest of our time is spent processing orders and we have found that to be the best use of our time.
That is not to say that we do not love the emails that come in to simply discuss received lids, pictures from satisfied hobbyists and the like.
We are very happy to give updates, or reminders of order dates and time left to process if queried.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hopeful that the event of my reply a day after your post will allay your fears about our communication times. It is true that while Clearview was in it's infancy, our communication response time was less than desirable. That is no longer the case. We are slow to comment on forums, as we are a small staff and the very best way to receive a fast response is via email or to use the 'ask a question' link on our site. Responses within 24 hours can be expected Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM, EST.

Wait times vary depending on lid style choices and are a testament to the fact that we make every single lid, custom for each hobbyist and the exponential growth of our business. Well-made custom products are rarely produced quickly.

We do hope that should you choose Clearview Lids that your experience will be a very good one.

Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any trouble placing an order or have comments, questions or concerns prior to placing an order at clearviewlids.com

(we will soon be offering an interim kit you can purchase to cover tanks during your wait time, currently, we are advising using loose mesh and clips from Bulk Reef Supply to keep your finned friends safe during their wait time. We know all good things come to those who wait, but we understand patience isn't a virtue of escape artist fish!)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them and got responses within minutes and even on a weekend at like 8pm one time which I didnt expect. Long story short. I ordered one for my waterbox July 31. Obviously, I dont have it yet. But let's see how long it will be. I can keep u updated to give accurate to date wait time

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Artfully Acrylic custom lid in 2017. While communication at that time wasn’t great, I’m happy to say that the lid is as good today as when it was new. No warping, no discoloration, the screen is as tight as it has always been. Quality product.

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, no way. For a fish tank lid? I could have a small house built in that much time. These people need to get a clue about running a business if that's reality.

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First their site said 28-35 days for a Tsunami. Recently it was changed to 32-39 days. Now, while I’m in the window I get this email...

C5BCCF87-5F5F-4B64-9D56-0BE2FA290306.jpeg

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I reached out to AA and they said scheduling is still on pace for estimate. so I'm 35 days into a 10 week wait. Lol. My gosh.....
The Pisces EXO is still quite new. We have only now caught up to all of our (truly abundant) pre-orders. The wait time is currently extensive for the processing queue on this lid. It also takes about 10x longer to program (without custom cut outs) than either of the other styles. We are biased, though, and truly love the design.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First their site said 28-35 days for a Tsunami. Recently it was changed to 32-39 days. Now, while I’m in the window I get this email...

C5BCCF87-5F5F-4B64-9D56-0BE2FA290306.jpeg
Admittedly, this could have been worded in a much better way. I was concerned more with transparency than giving a specific date on a batch email (as everyone has a differing order date, and correspondingly, a different estimated finish date) most who receive this email will be waiting an additional week, possible two, for their lids. This is not an indefinite waiting period.
***keeping in mind that ALL lead times listed on are site are equally transparent, as they all state ESTIMATED lead times.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, no way. For a fish tank lid? I could have a small house built in that much time. These people need to get a clue about running a business if that's reality.
We run a global business on a skeleton crew to keep customer costs down. Lead times are entirely based on the quantity of orders in the queue. I would think that the lead times speak to the efficacy of our ability to run a business.
Even when we have delays and set backs.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order a do it yourself kit and, well, do it yourself. Or, you can wait for quality.

Last edited:

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly, this could have been worded in a much better way. I was concerned more with transparency than giving a specific date on a batch email (as everyone has a differing order date, and correspondingly, a different estimated finish date) most who receive this email will be waiting an additional week, possible two, for their lids. This is not an indefinite waiting period.
***keeping in mind that ALL lead times listed on are site are equally transparent, as they all state ESTIMATED lead times.
Thanks for the response and transparency. Hopefully you guys get back to 100% quickly! While your equipment being down sucks, glad it wasn’t worse with that kind of incident.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait for mine to arrive in like 6 weeks. Its nerve racking hoping it fits and isn't a tad to big or to small. But I'm excited. 4 wrasses will be done with qt in 30 days. I have a homemade temporary cover with eggcrate/1/4 clear screen. It works for now.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for a lid to put on my reefer 170 and a google search brought up artfully acrylic/clear view. After reading most comments here it seems like super long wait times and pretty poor communication.

Before I drop $150 I’m wondering if these issues have been resolved or should I look somewhere else? I’m about to take my livestock out of qt and can’t wait 8 plus weeks.
We may not be on the forums all of the time, as we are working hard to put out lids, but email communication is 24 hours or less during business days. [email protected]
Our Tsunami lids have an estimated lead time of 32-39 days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back