Has Supply Exceeded Demand?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral farmers market??? and also this saturday I will be attending a veterans day parade and I think I will not be available until later in the day around 4-5 pm.
Ahh, just as I suspected, you're not tapped in.

We don't use this sites local az forum anymore. Create an account over here and get tapped in.

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, just as I suspected, you're not tapped in.

We don't use this sites local az forum anymore. Create an account over here and get tapped in.

Oh yea I rememmber now. I never got the confirmation email at all so I was never able to tap in lol. I'll hit resend and if I get it whenever then I get it.

chrishaire22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to live in an area that had a couple of guys that would trade or give away frags here and there. I'm trying to get back into reefing in south Alabama now and haven't heard of anyone in my area giving away anything. Can't even find an lfs within a couple of hours here. It's a struggle getting back going again with the costs of everything online.

Antuan Daniel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always offering free local pick ups for anything in my tanks, I'm tired of throwing coral away it's hard to give coral away sometimes:( I have frag racks that are overgrown and coral I neglect to trim just because it's hard to trow coral out! HINT HINT!
I wish I was closer I would most definitely want any I could get I have a 14ft 1000 gallon tank that busted and now doing a restart really socks with no corals at all

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was closer I would most definitely want any I could get I have a 14ft 1000 gallon tank that busted and now doing a restart really socks with no corals at all
oh jeeze not to bring up painful experiences, but how did that happen? did you get lots of water everywhere or were you able to catch it before disaster? I had a 55g empty in my house before and when I walked inside I smelled burnt electric/plastic that was the first sign, then I felt the squishy carpet around the corner, then I walked into the room to see the empty tank, that was miserable :( I can't imagine 1000g!!! hope you get back on track good luck!!!

you should make a few posts lots of people are willing to donate coral, it may take a while, I wish I was closer too sorry....

Antuan Daniel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh jeeze not to bring up painful experiences, but how did that happen? did you get lots of water everywhere or were you able to catch it before disaster? I had a 55g empty in my house before and when I walked inside I smelled burnt electric/plastic that was the first sign, then I felt the squishy carpet around the corner, then I walked into the room to see the empty tank, that was miserable :( I can't imagine 1000g!!! hope you get back on track good luck!!!

you should make a few posts lots of people are willing to donate coral, it may take a while, I wish I was closer too sorry....
Your not even going to believe this but I was working away from home at the time so I was on a contract in Bradenton FL. My apex started to alarm temp differences then I checked the cameras only to find the water level going down on the tank then I heard my huge pump starving for water so I knew it was a leak the tank is acrylic and it has a divider with 1/2 holes drilled between 2 7ft sections. One side was unleveled and the floor was already not leveled either (myfault) I didn't completely get it perfect trying to do all the work myself. Anyway it had a fix on one side which was the side that dropped down so it developed a Crack in it. NOW THE PART YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE lol I actually called the guy who I was paying to take care of my tank and feed my fish he came over only to verify my horror. This guy is great but he was very limited only knew how to feed and scrape the acrylic occasionally. So I then called a guy who worked at LFS he came over and caught all my fish and corals that I have had for over 6 yrs and he tooked them home and put them in 2 tanks at his house. Several months go buy with me even paying this guy for storage. He finally told me that he was leaving the town and moving out of state he then sells what was SUPPOSEDLY LEFT OF THE CORALS THAT DIDNT DIE huge colony of all corals you could think of and fowlr side had all kind of fish etc. To his boss at the LFS. 3 weeks go by I don't hear anything from the guy I go to the LFS the owner has some of my corals and fish there and tells me these exact words" I WROTE HIM A CHECK FOR YOUR FISH 2 WEEKS AGO " which he basically told me they were in on it together I'm afraid to ask for corals on here I don't want to get band I'm just lost I have one 7 ft side of the tank cycled with a damsel a a chromis and 2 smal torch corals that I won from jakebookout on fb. My tank looks a mess it extremely hard to start all the way over from where I am now sorry for the long post thanks again by the way the tank is in a concrete like basement that can't be accessed from the inside of the home it's under our home so all the water run of of the unleveled concrete floor towards the lake we live on thank GOD LOL

Last edited:

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Your not even going to believe this but I was working away from home at the time so I was on a contract in Bradenton FL. My apex started to alarm temp differences then I checked the cameras only to find the water level going down on the tank then I heard my huge pump starving for water so I knew it was a leak the tank is acrylic and it has a divider with 1/2 holes drilled between 2 7ft sections. One side was unleveled and the floor was already not leveled either (myfault) I didn't completely get it perfect trying to do all the work myself. Anyway it had a fix on one side which was the side that dropped down so it developed a Crack in it. NOW THE PART YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE lol I actually called the guy who I was paying to take care of my tank and feed my fish he came over only to verify my horror. This guy is great but he was very limited only knew how to feed and scrape the acrylic occasionally. So I then called a guy who worked at LFS he came over and caught all my fish and corals that I have had for over 6 yrs and he tooked them home and put them in 2 tanks at his house. Several months go buy with me even paying this guy for storage. He finally told me that he was leaving the town and moving out of state he then sells what was SUPPOSEDLY LEFT OF THE CORALS THAT DIDNT DIE huge colony of all corals you could think of and fowlr side had all kind of fish etc. To his boss at the LFS. 3 weeks go by I don't hear anything from the guy I go to the LFS the owner has some of my corals and fish there and tells me these exact words" I WORTE HIM A CHECK FOR YOUR FISH 2 WEEKS AGO " which he basically told me they were in on it together I'm afraid to ask for corals on here I don't want to get band I'm just lost I have one 7 ft side of the tank cycled with a damsel a a chromis and 2 smal torch corals that I won from jakebookout on fb. My tank looks a mess it extremely hard to start all the way over from where I am now sorry for the long post thanks again by the way the tank is in a concrete like basement that can't be accessed from the inside of the home it's under our home so all the water run of of the unleveled concrete floor towards the lake we live on thank GOD LOL

I went and looked at your thread on the tank. You Frankensteined 2 - 500 gal aquariums together?

J0HN686

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in pinellas county, I don't keep bubble tips, or any anemones, and don't require any trades but I have quite a few nice acros, montipora, and birds nests to give away. I appreciate the trade offer :) :)
I live in Pinellas too! I have a 120g that I am getting up and running again. Right now I only have a couple of mushrooms, zoas, and a small frogspawn. I would like to connect with you sometime in the future.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back