Has this happened to anyone?

dtruonggwhs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
9
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i bought an ATI (ATI North America) 6 bulb dimmable fixture from
Bulk Reef Supply. Right out of the box, 2 bulbs did not come on. I contacted ATI customer service regarding this issue, the representative assured me it was not a bad ballast because they had hand tested all their fixture. So i purchased more bulbs to ensure that it was not a bulb issues. Again, the 2 bulbs did not come on. I again contacted ATI regarding this issue, they finally agreed to take the fixture back for further inspection/fix/replace. The representative stated that he was going to send me the shipping label. Four days later, i still have not receive the label via email. Again, I ended up having to contact ATI customer service, this time the representative told me they were short handed and that I will receive the label within the hour. As promised, I received the shipping label and RMA number. I got the fixture shipped out the next day. One week later, the package arrived at their facility in CA as the status stated that it was delivered and signed. I contacted ATI customer service via email the next day asking for a status update, no response. On the next day, I made another attempt, again no response. I am sitting here eagerly waiting for a functional fixture. I bought this fixture based on all the great review/experience everyone had with ATI. I am just wondering if anyone had similar issue? If so can you provide me with some guidance as to what I should do next.

March 10th - Fixture received from BRS
March 11th - Contacted ATI regarding defective fixture (no response)
March 14th - Contacted ATI for shipping label ( response from a different representative but no shipping label)
March 17th - Contacted ATI for shipping label ( Representative provided shipping label and RMA)
March 18th - Shipped fixture out to ATI
March 24th - Fixture arrived at ATI facility
March 25th - Contacted ATI for updates (no response)
March 28th - Contacted ATI for updates ( no response)
 
Last edited:
That stinks and sorry about the delays. I would make a post in their sponsor forum here to get a response from them. Although it is kind of disappointing that brs didn't just return the defective fixture and send out a replacement to you since it was broke out of the box.
 
Thank you @ngvu1 Keith was the first representative that was helping me. I never received another email from his after the first email.
 
I think it was partly my fault by contacting ATI first, rather than BRS. By the time i contacted BRS it was past their 3 days policy.

Ooh, yea that's a bummer. But I would post in ati's sponsor forum here. They are usually fairly active on here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new