Hate new tank syndrome

Kingfish83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just venting...First breakout with GHA and now losing my sps frags.

Finding out that the bsr light setting for a360x with 100% Violet. i started with the bsr setting when i first got the new tank going back in April. Thought the sps was browning a littl was due to being in a different tank. Then at the same time GHA started moving in and taking over the right and left side. I have a snails, crabs, Emeral crab and a lawn mower blenny.

Parameters:
Nitrite 0
Nitrate >2ppm
Phosphate: < .075 ppm

Blaming new tank syndrome.

Waiting in line for the par meter to get an idea of lighting.

I'm in the last day for flux rx which didn't do anything.

Did a second does yesterday and wipe out a tooth brush after hand picking the gha. Then decided to just turn on the shimmer and do a 30% water change tomorrow. Then wait a week or a little more and try reef flux.

New tank syndrome blows ...

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just venting...First breakout with GHA and now losing my sps frags.

Finding out that the bsr light setting for a360x with 100% Violet. i started with the bsr setting when i first got the new tank going back in April. Thought the sps was browning a littl was due to being in a different tank. Then at the same time GHA started moving in and taking over the right and left side. I have a snails, crabs, Emeral crab and a lawn mower blenny.

Parameters:
Nitrite 0
Nitrate >2ppm
Phosphate: < .075 ppm

Blaming new tank syndrome.

Waiting in line for the par meter to get an idea of lighting.

I'm in the last day for flux rx which didn't do anything.

Did a second does yesterday and wipe out a tooth brush after hand picking the gha. Then decided to just turn on the shimmer and do a 30% water change tomorrow. Then wait a week or a little more and try reef flux.

New tank syndrome blows ...
Sorry to hear, i have definitely experienced similar things in the past. This go around I tried to use patience and some of the new methods that are out there so we will see how it goes. Right now my tank has been cycled for about a month, just a pair of juvenile clowns in a 50g cube. Lights are still off for the most part although i started turning them on for a couple hours at night recently. Did the 2 week cycle of Microbacter7 so we will see if once the lights go on a schedule and i start adding coral i can avoid the 'ugly stage'. All that said i am on the list for the PAR meter but don't need it anytime soon so if you are behind me by all means take it first.

OP
OP
K

Kingfish83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup im om. the brs setting pretty hurt the corals pretty bad. I turned the Violet down to 40% but im no rush since the frag need a big miracle to make a cime back.

My first or second tank many many moons ago was not half as bad as this one. I think going reef saver rock instead of LR is the difference and just makes you go through more up and down in the first yr.

I thought I was over the humps back in sept and started getting frags. Guess I was wrong. Just going to wait longer before I try adding sps frags again.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back