Have I doomed my hermit crab?

elzibar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
14
Reaction score
26
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Still a newbie, still ballsing things up here and there despite tons of research...

The latest thing I seem to have done wrong was disguard what I think was our little red legged hermits molted bits. I'm now told that it would have snacked on them now it's back in his shell - to gain strength.

Can I leave anything near it in the tank to supplement this?

Thanks.
 
Any kind of food or treat is fine. If you have a turkey baster you can target feed and very slowly dispense some mysis or flake food right in the crabs claws.
 
Molts are just calcium, they will dissolve back into the water within a day (if they are not eaten).

Some people remove it. Either way its not something to worry about.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new