Have we lost some some great people/contributors?

Gmj4409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears both Humblefish and Melypri1985 have been noticeably absent as of late. They have been tireless contributors and countless members have reached out to them for help. I first hoped it was just the holidays but now I’m not so sure.
These are huge losses if indeed they are gone! I would like to start the new year with a preemptive Thank You to these two and all the others (I won’t list for fear of missing somebody) who contribute so much help each and every day!

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may just be a matter of having to deal with the craziness of the holidays. These folks all have families and real jobs and responsibilities to attend to outside of the forum :) give it a little time and I'm sure they will be back in full force ready to help folks with fish diseases ;)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my way to Utah I visit a good friend in Dallas and I as well did a surprise visit to Meredith @melypr1985.
We talked a bit and she showed me her DT in the shop she works.
We didn't talked much on R2R level but I do understand.
There always will be others that step up and make this site the best reef site on the internet.

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my Buddy Humble may have gotten ich. But I will reach out to hin to see if he is OK.
Hopefully so. :cool:
I hope its not ich and its just a water quality issue that gets resolved quickly and easily with a few water changes aka drinks!
he is a really great guy! hope everything is well with him as well.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both are really great members. As you guys have mentioned, both of them have worked tirelessly to help our community by dropping TONS of great knowledge on us! I'm hoping (along with the rest of you) that we'll see both of them back after taking a holiday break. They're not only great members of the community but great individuals that I'm proud to call friends. Here's hoping to a great 2018 for both of them (and that we get to spend it with them here as a part of our community).

OP
OP
Gmj4409

Gmj4409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are really great members. As you guys have mentioned, both of them have worked tirelessly to help our community by dropping TONS of great knowledge on us! I'm hoping (along with the rest of you) that we'll see both of them back after taking a holiday break. They're not only great members of the community but great individuals that I'm proud to call friends. Here's hoping to a great 2018 for both of them (and that we get to spend it with them here as a part of our community).
Amen! All of the above and sooooo patient!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've definitely noticed their reduced participation. I can only imagine how overwhelming to them when so many tag them in messages! Im sure others will step up and help as well if they are taking a little break.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most here, I can only guess as to "whys".

Like nearly all here, I find myself deeply in Humblfish's and Melypr1985's debt.

I can only wish them well, and hope that they return when they're ready. Meanwhile, I'll do my best to pass along what I've been able to learn from them and others - including the philosophy of concern and sharing they've helped set as the standard of Reef2Reef.

~Bruce, a mere apprentice

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most here, I can only guess as to "whys".

Like nearly all here, I find myself deeply in Humblfish's and Melypr1985's debt.

I can only wish them well, and hope that they return when they're ready. Meanwhile, I'll do my best to pass along what I've been able to learn from them and others - including the philosophy of concern and sharing they've helped set as the standard of Reef2Reef.

~Bruce, a mere apprentice

I've leaned on them both of them to help in answering members questions, because they were both excellent in details and depth of responses. I too only hope they are taking a break and will be back at some point.

Guess it's time to roll up the sleeves and pitch in.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've leaned on them both of them to help in answering members questions, because they were both excellent in details and depth of responses. I too only hope they are taking a break and will be back at some point.

Guess it's time to roll up the sleeves and pitch in.

I couldn’t agree with you and Bruce more. They gave such detailed responses of their findings, its more than imaginable. I wish both of them the best!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a pinch, there's always their "stickies" to fall back on. It's tough sometimes for "Papa Flipper" to find the time to answer questions day and night in their detail. I'll do what I can, when I can. Lol

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall correctly humblefish was in the middle of some very large life changes.. moving to a new area to start either a new venture or to start over. IF he is in the middle of this.. time is at a minimum for anything but what he is doing in real life. Having made a similar move just a few years ago it is the most stressful, physical, and emotionally taxing thing I have ever done. Hopefully he will be back when he has time and or the energy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back