Have you ever done something foolish that caused a preventable death?

Have you ever personally done something very foolish that caused a totally preventable death?

• Never!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I did something foolish and my poor puffer had to pay for it.
I was performing a tank transfer(no discussion about TTM, please) with my Valentini puffer and a few other fish. I bought a second Penguin 200 as a filter, but it was missing a piece on the intake, so I couldn't attach the intake strainer. It didn't even occur to me, but the puffer was small enough to fit in the intake...Needless to say, the next morning, I noticed that the filter was stuck, and the puffer was missing. My poor little puffer paid the price. I was heartbroken. I'm just wondering if people would be willing to commiserate with me about very foolish, preventable deaths that they've been responsible for. (Not related to diseases, parasites, etc, but completely by the actions or inaction of you):(:(:(

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think just about everyone has.

Years ago I had a brakish tank, and in it I had a GSP and 2 figure 8's. Well one day I was doing a water change with a fairly large hose (I don't know maybe 3/4"), and the GSP had no fear of anything swam up to close and got sucked right in. I mean he literally was inside of the hose, I had to get him out. And he's a puffer, so he did was puffer's do. I got him put pretty quickly and he looked stunned but ok. The next day I am at work, my wife text me to tell me his entire belly has turned black and sends a pic. I mean his belly no longer looked green but was as black as the night. And he died a few hours later. That one hit me real hard.

Niteowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took part in killing my 5 year old Serpent Star. It was 10 inches end to end. I got a small eel about the same size. When I would feed the eel the Serpent would try and take food from it. This went on for a while. Just when I thought of taking it he Serpent out and putting it another system, I woke to find it in pieces all around the tank. Preventable but I guess the eel had enough.
C75028F9-BDAC-48E7-B2E3-933A3B28F0F5.png

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a tank lid on my axolotls head and knocked her out. She’s fine now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back