Have Your WATERBOX Featured!

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Waterbox Fam!

Would you like to show off your Waterbox build to our GLOBAL Waterbox Family? We are looking to feature some of the best shots provided on our social media channels, such as Instagram, Facebook and more!

If you would like the opportunity to be featured, please respond to this post and include your *best* photos, along with the details as to how we may credit you (such as your Instagram handle, etc.)

Happy fishkeeping!

BobbyCline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Waterbox 80.4 and a couple shots of its progression. I set the tank up May 2019.

5/19
20210316_145653.jpg

5/20
IMG_93301 (1).jpg

Now
IMG_20210313_195402_245.jpg

Flow off
20210221_202004 (1).jpg

Flow on
20210213_201229.jpg

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since Waterbox insists to "feature the Waterbox tank" I think this maybe an appropriate thread to voice my opinion on the tank.

I have the Waterbox Peninsula 5526 and it setup since June of 2020. My main disappointment about this tank after upgrading it from the Red Sea Reefer 250 is that the overflow teeth on this tank is TOO SMALL. For this reason the water high lever is roughly about 3/4" from the top before it overflows the tank. If there are any mucus films from the tank it will block the the overflow teeth and the water level is about 1/2" from the top. Even with great care when cleaning the glass the water will splash Since the water rises so much in the tank the ATO kicks in and brings the salinity down.

There is no way to widen the teeth since the overflow box is made out of glass. What worst is that the since the water level rises so high the same water falls inside the overflow is really loud so forget about the "silent" setup. Now with the overflow cover is capped and if algae or mucus films builds up to the point to restrict the water flow, it has no where to go except to overflow the tank and flood the house.

Coming from the Red Sea to this tank, I was spoiled with that overflow design. I never had to worry about salinity swing or having a potential saltwater flood on my house due to an oversight design. If only Waterbox can widen the overflow teeth design then this tank would be a dream tank instead of a constant worrisome.

I wish Waterbox somehow can provide a remedy to this problem but in the meantime anyone that is thinking of getting a LARGE tank from Waterb should take this into your consideration.

Besides the overflow, every aspect of the tank is top notch. The glue design is much better than Red Sea IMO - the magnetic algae cleaner won't scrape off the glue like in the Red Sea.

Deebo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Waterbox insists to "feature the Waterbox tank" I think this maybe an appropriate thread to voice my opinion on the tank.

I have the Waterbox Peninsula 5526 and it setup since June of 2020. My main disappointment about this tank after upgrading it from the Red Sea Reefer 250 is that the overflow teeth on this tank is TOO SMALL. For this reason the water high lever is roughly about 3/4" from the top before it overflows the tank. If there are any mucus films from the tank it will block the the overflow teeth and the water level is about 1/2" from the top. Even with great care when cleaning the glass the water will splash Since the water rises so much in the tank the ATO kicks in and brings the salinity down.

There is no way to widen the teeth since the overflow box is made out of glass. What worst is that the since the water level rises so high the same water falls inside the overflow is really loud so forget about the "silent" setup. Now with the overflow cover is capped and if algae or mucus films builds up to the point to restrict the water flow, it has no where to go except to overflow the tank and flood the house.

Coming from the Red Sea to this tank, I was spoiled with that overflow design. I never had to worry about salinity swing or having a potential saltwater flood on my house due to an oversight design. If only Waterbox can widen the overflow teeth design then this tank would be a dream tank instead of a constant worrisome.

I wish Waterbox somehow can provide a remedy to this problem but in the meantime anyone that is thinking of getting a LARGE tank from Waterb should take this into your consideration.

Besides the overflow, every aspect of the tank is top notch. The glue design is much better than Red Sea IMO - the magnetic algae cleaner won't scrape off the glue like in the Red Sea.
If it getting that bad you ain’t cleaning your tank enough

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it getting that bad you ain’t cleaning your tank enough
Believe me. That is the weekly thing I have to do to use the straw brush to clean each teeth. Ask yourself if you have ever had to do that?
I'm starting to dose Red Sea NOPOX and the slimy is worse and constantly clogged up the teeth.

Deebo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me. That is the weekly thing I have to do to use the straw brush to clean each teeth. Ask yourself if you have ever had to do that?
I'm starting to dose Red Sea NOPOX and the slimy is worse and constantly clogged up the teeth.
Oh boy not looking good for me then my waterbox 220 arrived this week and I’ll be setting it up real soon!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

Can you send me one? I will be glad to show it off? I have always wanted one. :D

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That definitely sounds like an issue with too much flow in the system; I recommend giving a call over to Chris in Support so he may troubleshoot this issue with you fully. This is not something that you should be experiencing. You can reach Chris at 1 (888) 438-7490 or [email protected]

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That definitely sounds like an issue with too much flow in the system; I recommend giving a call over to Chris in Support so he may troubleshoot this issue with you fully. This is not something that you should be experiencing. You can reach Chris at 1 (888) 438-7490 or [email protected]
Every few days after I used the straw brush to clean each overflow tooth the film builds up again and raise the water lever. Here are a few pictures I just took on my Peninsula 5526 which was rated for 171 gallons. My flow rate is 500 gph which is just a minimum 3x return rate for a reef tank (I measured the rate of water from the drain and it was average of 7.3 seconds per gallon which is 500 gph). As seen in the pictures, the water level in the tank is 5/8 inch from the top and it only has 1/4 inch left on the overflow teeth before it will overflow the tank. Each tooth width or cut opening is just barely over 1/8 inch and just too small to support any good return flow.

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_084915958.jpg
    PXL_20210321_084915958.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20210321_085230129.jpg
    PXL_20210321_085230129.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20210321_085452549.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210321_085452549.MP.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210321_085505587.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210321_085505587.MP.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 58

Pmacha1a

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months in, on Instagram as Pmacha1a

Attachments

• 8C3F61CF-EF7E-46AF-A657-3EABC5FDCF97.jpeg
    8C3F61CF-EF7E-46AF-A657-3EABC5FDCF97.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 46
  • E95A486D-C6FA-4505-B30D-A0E05A68B9E2.jpeg
    E95A486D-C6FA-4505-B30D-A0E05A68B9E2.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 49
  • C1B2B363-4658-45EC-AAA6-3448A062E026.jpeg
    C1B2B363-4658-45EC-AAA6-3448A062E026.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 42

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back