Having the problem solved?

Belgian Anthias

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the basis for a suitable living environment? Sufficient growth, growth necessary to rid the water of produced and added nutrients by achieving a balance between supply and demand. It turns out to be a difficult assignment.
We are usually confronted with, on the one hand, filtration methods that constantly remove an unknown portion of essential nutrients and, on the other hand, a constant shortage of essential nutrients needed for balanced growth, resulting in accumulation of certain nutrients in anticipation of sufficient availability , causing unbalanced and "unwanted" growth.
The focus is usually on those substances that visibly show and accumulate. People focus on the visible and measurable side effects, rarely on the cause.
What do you propose to tackle the cause, to prevent instead of postponing the consequences as long as possible?

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the basis for a suitable living environment? Sufficient growth, growth necessary to rid the water of produced and added nutrients by achieving a balance between supply and demand. It turns out to be a difficult assignment.
We are usually confronted with, on the one hand, filtration methods that constantly remove an unknown portion of essential nutrients and, on the other hand, a constant shortage of essential nutrients needed for balanced growth, resulting in accumulation of certain nutrients in anticipation of sufficient availability , causing unbalanced and "unwanted" growth.
The focus is usually on those substances that visibly show and accumulate. People focus on the visible and measurable side effects, rarely on the cause.
What do you propose to tackle the cause, to prevent instead of postponing the consequences as long as possible?
I think an ecological approach or as close to is ideal. I don’t have experience with corals (yet) but I think the expansion in coral keeping has lead to more fine-tuning of methods.
Debra

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back