Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call Lucky your Bling, photobombing, Kardasian fish and now it is even more rare with Hawaii closed! Definitely a tank gem!

Still is one of my favorite fish!

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly approaching 8 months with Lucky in the tank!

Everything is going smashingly and honestly he/she has grown to be my absolute favorite fish in the tank. Im glad I am able to share these experiences with you all! Just recently went through a 24+ hour power outage and that was quite the scare... I live up in the PNW area and I was genuinely worried with how cold the water got (I have a back up generator but that somehow found a way to get flooded in 8" of water) so I was left with minimal options and had to go to some more primordial options to keep the tank warm....

Alas, Lucky survived and so did the majority of the rest of the tank!

Overall it has been a joy keeping this fish and I look forward to many happy years with it in my tank!
Wow, I am glad your tank survived. We have Ice and snow coming in over the next few days. 15 inches possible. That may not seem like much but we just don't get that here and people just get stupid. We will have power outages and so I have filled up on gas for my little generator to keep my tank room up and going. I am glad Lucky is OK. Mine is doing very well. I think we have had them about the same amount of time. Sitting here in front of the tank at dusk and it's always the last fish out. You know, I have never named mine. Name suggestions? I am not that good at that kind of stuff. Keep it clean! lol

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in. All is well with mine. still eats like a pig. Mine has even started "cleaning" my arm when I'm working in the tank. I think it must be close to feeding time.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread! I unfortunately lost my blue streak in the tank transfer (as in 100% lost him - no idea where he went... was fine 2 days following and eating/cleaning like normal then poof). I miss having a cleaner and have been on the lookout for one of these guys. I found the same thing with him that you reported, tiny foods were definitely key & roe worked best to get him started.

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL!!!!!

All is good with Lucky, we are approaching a year in the system and he/she is lucky as can be! Love seeing others chime in on this thread, really appreciate the contribution by you all and always love hearing about yours @Shredded !

Here is a tank tour I recently did on my channel and you can see Lucky zooming around the entire video, his/her colors are better than ever and truly is the star of the show in the lagoon.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL!!!!!

All is good with Lucky, we are approaching a year in the system and he/she is lucky as can be! Love seeing others chime in on this thread, really appreciate the contribution by you all and always love hearing about yours @Shredded !

Here is a tank tour I recently did on my channel and you can see Lucky zooming around the entire video, his/her colors are better than ever and truly is the star of the show in the lagoon.

Hey I stumbled on your tank a couple days ago. I was on YouTube while looking for a wrasse and stock ideas for my 25g lagoon. You put together a great tank!!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I stumbled on your tank a couple days ago. I was on YouTube while looking for a wrasse and stock ideas for my 25g lagoon. You put together a great tank!!
Thanks so much this lagoon truly is one of my favorite reefs I have put together in my time doing this hobby! Appreciate the kind words.

I will say this is a very difficult type of wrasse to keep, but it being at the LFS and my commitment to trying and get it to eat it worked out!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scribing for later. I see these available at lfs all the time. Always look super healthy. Id love to get one when I get my upgrade figured out.

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scribing for later. I see these available at lfs all the time. Always look super healthy. Id love to get one when I get my upgrade figured out.
The Hawiian ones?? Even during this time? Or are they blue streaked cleaners? They all are beautiful really

Rocketfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread guys! I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a Hawaiian Cleaner, but I strongly doubt they will show up at a fish store anytime soon. I might try a blue streak or just try a couple ruby red dragonetts or a Mandarin to see if I can keep them long term!

I'm definitely following this thread now!

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still going strong. Been with me for almost 2 years now. I still wonder why the bad rep as I can't take the credit for it. Possibly just bad shippers.
Great thread guys! I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a Hawaiian Cleaner, but I strongly doubt they will show up at a fish store anytime soon. I might try a blue streak or just try a couple ruby red dragonetts or a Mandarin to see if I can keep them long term!

I'm definitely following this thread now!
Just ask your LFS as these are now captive bred by Quality Marine and there should not be a reason to not be able to get them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back